Congratulations on the purchase of your beautiful Aurora Hardwood floor. Below you will find the steps necessary to maintain the new floor for a lifetime.
- Maintain temperature between 60-80°F and relative humidity between 35-50% (50-60% for bamboo floors)
- Use exterior and interior doormats at all entrances to collect dirt and moisture
- Place area rugs (without rubber or vinyl backing) at pivot points and high-traffic areas
- Use non-slip pads recommended for wood floors under rugs
- Apply furniture leg protector pads (felt or indoor-outdoor carpet type) under all furniture
- Remove metal or hard plastic caps from furniture legs before applying protectors
- Maintain and clean furniture protectors regularly
- Replace plastic casters on chairs with rubber caster wheels
- Keep pet nails trimmed
- Avoid rolling or dragging heavy objects across the floor
- Eliminate fine particles and dirt to prevent scratches: vacuum or sweep as needed.
- Use a brush or felt vacuum head, not a beater bar head.
- Regularly clean interior doormats and shake debris from exterior ones.
- Quickly remove spills, pet accidents, and tracked-in dirt for easier cleanup.
- Use recommended hardwood flooring cleaner for regular cleaning and removing grease and smudges.
- Maintain floor shine through proper care.
- Avoid cleaning or wet mopping with water, which may cause permanent damage.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, bleach, ammonia, vinegar-based cleaners, wax or acrylic polishes, or oil soaps.
Long term Maintenance:
- Depends on cleaning and maintenance frequency.
- High-traffic areas may show wear and become delustered (white cast, dull shine).
- A fresh coat of finish may be needed to enhance longevity and beauty.
- Hardwood flooring product systems available for recoating with urethane finishes.
- Consult flooring retailer for details.
- Aurora Hardwood Bamboo or Exotics flooring colors may change with extended sun exposure.
- Prevent fading by avoiding extended direct sunlight (use curtains, blinds, window treatments, or shading techniques)